Born in 1910 in Milan, Italy, the legendary Alfa Romeo brand has designed and crafted some of the most stylish and best handling cars in automotive history. That tradition lives on today as Alfa Romeo continues to take a unique and innovative approach to automobiles.
The Alfa Romeo Stelvio SUV sets a benchmark in performance, style and technology for the brand.
The award-winning Giulia delivers race-inspired performance and advanced technologies in a driver-oriented premium midsize sedan.
For the 2024 model year, add the Tonale (To’na.le) Plug-in Hybrid (PHEV) to the model mix. The Compact SUV is named after the Tonale Mountain pass in Northern Italy.
La Metamorfosi-The Metamorphosis
The globally available Tonale is part of a radical evolution taking place at Alfa Romeo, which looks ahead to a new era of electrification and connectivity.
A New Direction
At a recent reveal for Washington, D.C. based media, the Alfa Romeo Media Relations team showcased the new direction Tonale sets for the brand, as it is the first electrified Alfa, with the plans to introduce only full-electric models by 2030.
The new Tonale PHEV is available in three different models: Sprint, Ti and Veloce and features:
- Thirty-three miles of pure electric range, best-in-class 285-horsepower and 347 pound-feet of torque
- Unmistakable Alfa design, including the trademark grille design and five-hole “Phone Dial” alloy wheels
- In a world exclusive, Tonale is the first car on the market equipped with a Non-Fungible Token (NFT) digital certificate. Based on blockchain technology and uniquely linked, the Tonale NFT certifies the car upon purchase, then evolves to represent its use during the car’s life cycle, with benefits in terms of protecting residual value
- Tonale features standard Uconnect 5 on a 10.25-inch center touchscreen and 12.3-inch driver’s cluster screen with imbedded Alfa Connect with greater over-the-air (OTA) capability; Standard wireless Apple CarPlay; wireless Android Auto and wireless charging; and Alexa home-to-car and car-to-home functionality that includes in-vehicle Alexa virtual assistant with natural voice capability
- A comprehensive suite of driver assistance systems including: Adaptive Cruise Control, Traffic Sign Recognition, Forward Collision Warning and Automatic Emergency Braking with pedestrian detection, Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist, Blind spot and Rear Cross Path detection, and much more
- Tonale’s Frequency Selective Damping suspension tuning creates a benchmark in driving dynamics for the segment, offering the handling prowess Alfa Romeo owners have come to expect since the brand’s inception
With over 130 US-based dealers and top J.D. Power rankings for the brand, expect the next decade for Alfa Romeo to be positively transformational.
Due to gridlocked traffic along our planned test-drive route, we did not get the opportunity to explore the comfort, handling and luxury conveniences within Tonale’s performance chassis.
Stay tuned to Pursuitist for a Tonale Drive review in the near future.
BECOME A PURSUITIST VIP!
Sign up for our Free Insider Enewsletter. Get exclusive access. No ads, ever!
Rated ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ from Forbes, The New York Times & The Wall Street Journal.